Issues with Triton deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woodworx2773, Jul 12, 2006.

1. woodworx2773

woodworx2773 LawnSite Member

Since my posts were being deleted from the Exmark factory sponsored threads I will open a new one here. The Triton deck sucks and the new trial fixes that they brought to my house from the factory on another mower still sucks.

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I can understand your frustrations. However, why bash on a company that apperars to be trying to fix your frustration? Believe me there losing money and that is just as frustrating as you losing money. With that being said could you elaborate on "sucks" in a more professional description please.

3. woodworx2773

4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Trade it in on a Hustler or Dixie Chopper

5. woodworx2773

Have a Super Z coming for a demo by the end of next week! Already bought a Kubota ZD28/60 to. Just don't understand why these problems arise with the money spent on R&D or ....maybe if we just put that money into marketing the monkeys will want the latest and greatest because the other guys got one too. Just slightly
    mad right now been waiting 2 months for a fix and get a machine brought to me that doesn't cut any better than the 1 I already spent 12,000 on.

6. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I hear you woodworx, when I picked up my new Lazer the dealer also gave me a set of medium lift blades to try. He stated that he was hearing the high lifts that come with it were creating too much force under the deck and actually pushing the grass down therefore leaving stragglers behind. I never got a chance to try the mediums and got rid of the mower for a handful of reasons.

7. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Try to trade it in for any hustler at all costs. You don't hear anybody bitching about the xr-7. Dont get me wrong, exmark is great but these new tritons 'suck'. And hustlers are about 2000 less.

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Any company that brings a product to a diverse market (Northern/Southern grasses, wet/dry conditions, mulch/sd/bag etc..) and makes claims that the new product will "outperform traditional cutting decks, especially in the toughest conditions" a "cutting platform that won't let you down...its job is to keep you out there working" with "NO EXCUSES" places itself between a rock and a hard-place. Very little sympathy (if any at all) should be extended toward said company when the product does not perform as advertised.

I do not own a eXmark and there is NO DOUBT that they are quality machines, but it seems that their R & D dept. has been putting the cart before the horse of late (Metro 26 ring a bell?).

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

woodworx, do you want my picture of the triton badge coverd up saying "Low Compacity Cutting Platform? :D I actually left that on when I took it back to the dealers.

My big biotch about the whole situation, I complained the second day I owned that mower, no one took me serious until about 3 weeks later when I bashed the company on here. All that did was made them realize there was a problem and they started working on them. Up until that point I got nothing but excuses and was basicly called a liar. Like I told all the reps though "If you guys indeed did your job and did r&d I wouldn't even know you right now!" and that always shut them up. After they realized there was a problem I was always garuntee'd a fix in "a couple weeks" I think its been about 5 weeks now since that happend.

Like I've said, huster fixed their problem in alittle over a week with the xr7...exmark took 3 weeks to even admit to a problem and a couple months and still haven't got it right.

I'm probably going to keep the 60/28 ultracut because it is a great mower and just start going to a new dealer. But I can assure you that the next 3 mowers I add soon are going to be yellow (the supers are gunna be nice, 2 72's and a 60).

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Here we go again, new X problems. Keep going.