Isuzu 14ft flatbed dump how much $?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Nov 13, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at this truck the guy said to make him an offer it's a V8 gas engine 80k miles and in pretty good shape what do you guys think it's worth?

2. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

depending on the year I would say 14000

3. CharlieBingo

It's a 1996 forgot that!

4. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Charlie, you probably did that, but can't you try Kelly blue book? www.kbb.com

5. CharlieBingo

They don't have a category for cabover type trucks just pick ups and suv's.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CharlieBingo

I have a 1995 Isuzu Landscape dump w/ 14 ft bed and 105,000 miles. It is a Diesel, which makes it worth more more money. I would say it is worth about $ 8,000.00. No I don't want to sell it. It is a real work horse.

I have other Isuzu's and love them. I would stay away from V8 at all costs. They sell in my area for 4 to 5 thousand dollar in the same age range. V8 Box trucks are really cheap and plentiful if you want to put a bed on them.

7. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to your bank and look in the only book that counts The NADA North American Dealers Association book. Thats what the bank uses to determine the value of a vehicle. If you got a local bank that you use and they know you they will look it up for you. Diesel always goes 1 to 2 thousand more than book. My buddy owns a car lot I use his book all the time to figure out the real value of vehicles. Kelly blue book is a fraud its just their to inflate the numbers and show you what the dealers price not the value. The NADA book is yellow and has the loan, retail, options and miles value on it. Good Luck!

8. CharlieBingo

The guy says he wants 10 g's does this sound fair?

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't pay over $8K for a gasser with 80K on it. If it was diesel, then it would be worth $14-15K. :)