isuzu cab over for lawn fert. applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, May 14, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

thinking about looking into a cab over box type of truck.
    i am getting tired of towing my perm a green and my z spray on a trailer around..

any thoughts on this?

ant

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Its a sweet set up Lawngodfathers got one.

3. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I'm not ready for it, but I'm thinking about it. I was in Atlanta last weekend and it's about all you see for most any type of business in the green industry. People I've talked to like them.

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have one and love it. PG rack goes on the back and I have a ramp to get the z into when I run the z. I can put both machines inside with fert if I take out my 50 gal H2o tank.

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I'ts already set up for lawn care use too Ant. It's a 99 (NPR-HD's have a14,500lb GVW).

Vic

6. ant

any pictures?

7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I sent a bunch of pics to the email address in your sig.

Vic

8. ant

thanks vic.. nice truck.. looks like you run a clean operation..
    ant

9. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been thinking about this as well for my next truck. The concept of keeping everything out of the elements sounds fantastic.

However some folks have said there are issues with spray tanks being used in enclosed trucks. They claim that the pumps, motors, etc. just have all kinds of issues due to the lack of clean air movement and heat.

If it were used only to carry a Permagreen, that setup would be great. There will always be a need for a decent size spray tank in my situation. This is why I will be looking at the traditional open setup on an Isuzu chassis.

10. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

I have my setup on an Isuzu Flat Bed. There are dayswhen I wish I had put an enclosed box on there instead. For anyone who has one enclosed or otherwise, would you mind sending me some pics too?