ISUZU Cabover question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mr Beaker, Sep 30, 2013.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Standing on a 4' cheater bar should be about right.

2. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Tighter than tight!!! Lol, but really I don't know the torque specs. I do know than when I pur new tires on mine, I watched them remove the wheels and they used an impact gun that took two hands to hold, it was huge!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

The are to German specifications on torque...

4. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Why would they be tighter than say my 1 ton Chevy? I use a heavy duty 4 way with no problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

They are medium duty commercial trucks. The lug nut size if I remember correctly was something like a 38mm.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

Does it have Budd wheels or hub pilot wheels? Post a pic of them and I'll tell you which they are and what size. BTW I use a 1" impact to take those on and off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mr Beaker

Mr Beaker LawnSite Member

That's what I was thinking too. I've never used a 'fleet service' etc before for a flat. Kind of worry that that is going to run $100+ to change a flat when I have plenty of space to carry one.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but they did use a two handed air tool to get them off at discount tire. I asked the guy and I think he said over 300 ftlbs! I have a 1 ton truck too, but these lugs look a different game.

At least the tires aren't any more expensive than a pickup truck. I went ahead and replaced 3 tires that were still above the wear bars, but close. FOr now I'll just watch the tires real close, but I'd really like to figure out a system...

Maybe at least if I carry the spare tire in the box, a fleet side will change it out cheaper than me having to buy one on the spot from his limited inventory???:confused: