Isuzu (GM) Cabovers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Nov 5, 2000.

1. This months Turf mag has a AD for a Isuzu with a chevy gas v-8 and 4 speed auto with a 12" rack body for $20k.

With a custom made handy ramp endgate and some mods to the body I could leave my trailer home.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1209854&a=9774672

Any owners of these Isuzu cabovers please respond.

2. dhicks

dhicks Member

Hey Lawrence: Where's the dealer? I'm interested since I have been considering a Bering Truck or SuperLandscape Truck.

3. The phone number is 800-395-0002 or

email showcasecv@yahoo.com

That is a lot of "real" truck for 20k.

They have 5.13 rear axle ratios.

4. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

Did it spec load or towing capacity?

5. pete

pete LawnSite Member

My friend has one in the form of a superlawn truck and one like the one shown, but i think he has a longer bed. Driven both of them, they are great. Tight turning radius, you can see everything and they are nice to drive overall. Seems to me to be better than a regular p/u style stake body.

6. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bering truck also has a deal at $399.00 a month lease fully loaded with 16 foot landscape body. Isuzu and the G.M are very nice also but topping the list to us is the mitsubishi for it has 4WD system, But they are all very nice includine http://www.superlawntrucks.com

7. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Monroe Truck outfitters here in Michigan make a mowing bed for these trucks. It will be my next mowing truck when I get rid of the enclosed trailer

8. grasskutter

grasskutter LawnSite Member
    from mass.

All concerned, if its from showcase,its probably from Showcase Isuzu Bourne Mass.Dont know the phone num,ber off hand,but its a very reputable company

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

In the October issue of Lawn & Landscape there is an add for the Isuzu NPR landscape trucks. You can do a 4 yr lease on the 2001 diesel, auto, air, am/fm, 16' landscape body for $399.51 per month. You can lease the 2001 gas burner, same specs, for $347.90 per month. I sure wish i had seen this before leasing my Dodge. I could back the whole rig in the shop, not worry about a trailer, get better mileage probably, and turn the thing in after I wear it out. The gas model they advertise has a free 4yr 75,000 mile warranty. I know a guy here that runs one and he loves his. The add contains an e-mail address for the salesman I guess, chrisfountain@mindspring.com. Maybe I'll e-mail him and get some info in the mail.

Homer

10. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

He also does the http://www.superlawntrucks.com I personally will be looking into the Mitsubishi Fuso model for it has 4wd and can put a 9foot V-Plow on it with a 14 or 16 foot landscape body.