1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

isuzu, gmc w5500 chevy w5500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by HOLLYWOOD6973, Jun 1, 2008.

1. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

I'm trying to put together a deal on a GMC W5500 hd cabover with a 12ft dump body. I talked to the body CO. and I know my price for the bed, hitch and so on. What price should I be around for cab & chassie? Its an 08 4cylinder torbo diesel 19500 GVW. And I'm in PA.
    Thanks for your replies.
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Whats the sticker? Usually take the sticker -15% and thats what you can get away with.

Back home in southern VA my parents just bought a new car. While at the dealer that also happens to sell Chevy's.....they haven't sold a truck in 32 days but this was a week ago. They said expect big rebates etc soon. Fuel costs has people second guessing.

I've got an '04 Chevy 4500 I just put on the road with DMAX and I'm getting 10mpg.

I'm looking at a new to me International to replace my totalled one. Its an '04, air brakes, auto w/ engine brake and 121,000 miles. Dealer wants $25,000 for the truck.........I'm curious what I can get them down to. I'm going to start picking their brain tomorrow and offer $19,000 to see what they say. He'll probably tell me I'm crazy or laugh at me but after he sits and thinks for a little while who knows. I'm not in a rush and the truck is certified too.
  3. HOLLYWOOD6973

HOLLYWOOD6973 LawnSite Member
    from PGH PA

sweet let me know what happens. I'm making my calls tomorrow.
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It all depends on how hungry the dealer is for sales. If the Isuzu/GMC dealer doesn't want to budge tell them your off to the Sterling dealer to look at a Sterling/Mits cab over.
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Where in PA are you?
    Theres a few good dealers for the cab over trucks. 1 in Philly. 1 in Warrington (UD though) as well as a few in South Jersey not to far over the bridges. You might also try Isuzu of the lehigh valley.