Isuzu landscape truck prices

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by WhalenLandscapeSvcs, Mar 13, 2005.

1. WhalenLandscapeSvcs

WhalenLandscapeSvcs LawnSite Member

What are the going prices on the cab forward trucks. The dealer in my area wants 28,600 for a cab and chasis only. I need to know if this is reasonable or not. Where is the best place to buy a landscape body.

Thanks

2. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

What Engine what size chassis

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Sells them, is that where you looked? Located at 1750 E Brooks Rd. Memphis Just down the street from Trees By Touliatios.
    Bed is custom made in Red Banks Mississippi, where they make armored cars on old Hwy 78.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

You can pick them up for half that and with only 30K -75K miles on them. Might be in another state, but would be worth the travel to find a used one. Look online...might try eBay.

5. WhalenLandscapeSvcs

WhalenLandscapeSvcs LawnSite Member

Griffin was the company in redbanks that use to make the beds. They no longer do so, due to goverment contracts for vehicles going to Iraq.

6. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I Have 3 Of Them For Sale....with The Bodies.....

Pm Me If Youre Interested In Info

7. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1995 diesel with an 18' body for sale. We just got one of the crew cabs so I need to sell this one. PM me if interested.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Maybe you guys could help me with a question. I was and still might be interested in an Isuzu. Here is how I would want the bed. During the regular season I would want to be able to load my equipment on the bed. In the spring and summer I would want to put debris in the bed. During this time I would pull my trailer with my equipment. Here is where it get complicated. I would also want the bed to be able to dump.

This is how I picture it and correct me if I am wrong. It would obviously need a dovetail (beavertail...what ever you want to call it) to be able to load your equipment. I am assuming that you would have to have a hydraulic lift for the dovetail to raise up when dumping. Also, how well do those truck plow snow....is it practical?

Thanks
    Matt

9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

had 2 on the lot the day I stopped. Were crew cabs with the Griffin built bed, I believe the list was 32 something...

I know a dealer who has those in from time to time, used. He is located in Walls Ms.