Isuzu npr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnfire, Apr 22, 2001.

1. lawnfire

lawnfire LawnSite Member

Anyone out there have any info on the Isuzu NPR? I am thinking of buying one for my business.I am open to any suggestions.

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Email Lawrence Stone--or use the search function at the top of the screen. I know Lawrence has researched these trucks and posted about them.

jeffyr

3. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Lawnfire, you are in the right part of the country. Taslk to Tony at superlawntrucks.com and he will preach the reliability of the npr and its' usfullness.
    If I were in the market that is what I would buy.

4. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

We just bought one a month ago to use for a variety of purposes. Having all your equipment in it as well as a covered unit to haul brush off with without the tarping hassle are just a few bennies. I will be putting a ramp on it soon to put another rider in it and send another crew out in. Haven't had time to get it lettered yet, but if want to advertise, then it's a great billboard too. I found a used 1997 one with only 50,000 miles on it for $12,000, then put an imron paint job for another $1400 and it is like a brand new unit. Once you start using one, you'll wonder how you got around without one. Keeps my pallets of fertilizer dry too without constantly loading to and from the garage. Found a 1996 NPR with a nice rack dump on it in Florida while down there a month ago for only $12,000 too with only 56,000 miles on it. Will probably get one like that next year.

Mike

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I rented a Isuzu Diesel 12' stake body to do a massive clean up a few weeks ago. Put over 100 miles on it and spent $7.00 and change on diesel fuel. I liked it. Plenty of power, it gave me a good view of the road, and I want one. Go for it.

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two of them. Have had one of them for 10 years and the other for 6 years. Love 'em.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a Mitsubishi FE HD short WB C+C and put on a 10' dump. Sweet little unit, so nice to have a dump again.

My neighbor has an Isuzu on the farm, has 200,000 miles on it and it starts as good as mine. Go for it, you'll love it.

Gene

8. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

Pick my new one up april first.
    Yes I like it alot.
    Mine is a 2001 w/ 16 landscape bed.
    Its nice not pulling a trailer around.
    gas engine, gas milage stinks!!!!
    I have the only one in town like it and it turns
    heads, good looking trucks.

9. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I used to be the warehouse manager for a local company that got one of these to deliver parts to the branch stores we had. Because our company was in a rough part of town, the owner did not want the vehicle left there at night, so I took it home. It drove like a car and was easy to drive and maneuver. Lots of power, too. Lots of general contractors around here are starting to use them.

10. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member