Isuzu NPR

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The landscaper, Oct 10, 2007.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I need a little crash course on these trucks.

They seem like they are very reliable and easy to use trucks. I am curious if they come with different size frames. I was thinking about getting one or two used diesels without bodies on them and putting a dump on one and landscape body on the other.

Any information, tips, suggestions, whatever...please let me know.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, there are different wheel base lengths, 109" being the shortest. The frame rail width is standard on all of them. Be sure to use a smooth steel floor in the dump body so everything slides out very easy.

3. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

I am on my second NPR and love them. Just make sure you get it checked out mechanically. I havn't had any major problems, but parts can be pricey. Would highly reccomend one.

4. The landscaper

What size wheel base would you reccomend for the dump and for the landscape body?

5. gene gls

If I was looking for another cab over I would be looking for : 180 HP Diesel, 134" W/B, 14" Dump......My present one is 134 HP, 109" W/B, 10' dump...I had a 3/4 ton pickup. As you grow your business, you will always need bigger and better equipment. Most people just don't realise how soon they will need the next step up.

6. The landscaper

Yeah, I'm definately going with a diesel no matter what way I go.

7. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of money are you looking at spending? I blew my engine, but it is in the process of being rebuilt. I was kindof thinking of selling it for a bigger truck like a international once it gets done. btw mine is almost exactly like the pic of genes 120k miles new paint and trans. There are pics on here somewhere but i don't know how to put the thread in this post for you to see.

8. The landscaper

Is yours a diesel? What are looking to get out of it?

9. gene gls

Another thing to consider is storage space. There is little room in the cabs for tools and what not. On a short w/b there is no room for an enclosed box to be mounted to the frame. I have always wished that I had got a back-pack or I-pack ( what ever you call it ) box between the cab and dump for tool storage.

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

My npr hd diesel is the best truck i ever owned!