Isuzu NPR

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KraigLawn, Feb 1, 2004.

1. KraigLawn

KraigLawn LawnSite Member

I was curious to see how many people out there use the Isuzu NPR for their business. The one I am looking at is a 16' enclosed. I do a lot of residential and it seems to make the most sense to go with a NPR.

Also- i read an earlier post where someone mentioned that you couldnt park that size of a commercial truck in neighborhoods. Or was he talking about parking it at his house in a neighborhood.

2. patriottruck

patriottruck LawnSite Member

I'm a truck equipment installer in Connectixut. We do a lot of bodies on these import chassis. I've yet to hear of anyone who doesn't like that style truck once you are used to the configuration. We have taken box trucks like that and fabricated two piece folding ramps and beavertails to allow mowers to be driven in. That seems to be the ideal setup. As long as you can get it serviced nearby I'd say go ahead and buy it!

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a Chevy. 4500 crewcab. Identical to the NPR.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

My NPR cutting rig Hey Kraig....I have the exact set up that you're talking about. Click above to see a bunch of pics of it.

Vic

5. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I really could have done without those pics. I am wanting one of those so bad I can hardly stand it. I love your set up and I am saving for something almost just like it. I did not know that a ramp gate was offered like that. It is a really neat set up. A truck like yours will be my next purchase.

6. danno

danno LawnSite Member

We got a '95 Isuzu FRR w/20' enclosed w/a side roll up door last year. It has a 32 gallon gravity feed fuel tank inside the box which is invaluable. These trucks are great. They are so much easier to drive, park, load, etc. + everything is secure and out of the elements plus a rolling billboard to boot. Good luck and let us know when you get it.

7. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

When you get your rig all set up. You'll wonder how you ever did this kind of work without it. It makes the mowing business a completely different animal. It really does make things so much easier. Thanks for the good words too.

Hey Danno. Did you install the fuel tank, or was it there when you bought the truuck? How do you fill that tank at the pump? Do you have a filler neck that's plumbed through the side wall of the truck?

Vic

8. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

This is what I use. Works out great.

2d_3.jpg

9. danno

danno LawnSite Member

Hey Victor, I bought the truck that way. It is plumbed through the wall and the filler is about 7' high at the very rear of the truck. I will try to post some pics of it later this week. Where in the Columbus area do you work? I used to live in that area.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey patriot, can you give us an idea of what a folding ramp set up would cost? Any chance you have pics of any of the ones you've done?
    Do they have an assist of some sort to help with lifting/lowering the ramp?

Cut 2 Please, I'm jealous of Victors set up too!:D