Isuzu Open bed vs. Box bed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S. Scapes, Dec 31, 2012.

1. S. Scapes

S. Scapes LawnSite Member

I know I'll purchase one of these next season but I was wondering which style to get. There's alot of pros and cons on each although both are very good to have in this business. I was wondering which one do you guys prefer for those who one?

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

If it were me I would have enclosed. Mainly for the rolling billboard, security and keeping stuff dry. Plus in the winter I would be able to use tractors with blowers and or brooms.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That makes two of us.

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought one. I got an open bed so I can haul mulch and stuff on it too. The same reasons I have an open trailer instead of enclosed. It's just a personal preference really.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yup, personal preference on this one.Thumbs Up

For those of us in the northern areas where they salt the piss out of everything all winter long, having your stuff protected from the salt spray is a big plus.:drinkup:

6. wstrick1

wstrick1 LawnSite Member

Depends on the work you want to do. With my open bed there is nothing I can't do that an enclosed can do. With enclosed you don't have to worry about straps, tarps, etc it also provides advertising. My open bed I can get more straw, bigger equipment, sod, mulch, tree work/stumps, branches, and I don't have to worry about hitting tree limb's with enclosed.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Don't forget not having to run to a gas station every time you need to take a leak. Nothing like having to hurry and do the potty dance on the way to the truck
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I'd get an enclosed box if you can swing it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I like the opens, but I like open trailers too. I guess I just like being able to access my entire trailer while inside and outside it... But it's my opinion.

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

Open trailer but enclosed box for me.
    There are trade offs for sure but I think the pro's win on the enclosed box