1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mikeklein, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You for your informative posts Victor. Some sound advice
    I have put away for the fall 2003/spring 2004. I will continue of course the search for a 00 or 01 model probably out of state where the economy is not as good as here.

A new 2500 P/u will cost me 400 p/mo so why not go the NPR route and gain all those things you talked about.

Anything you can provide on the ramp system is greatly appreciated.

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at one here in Little Rock and they are $27,000.
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Gary, i had the same idea for mulch and a leaf trailer, but how are you going to get your stuff out of the back box with the trailer tongue in the way??? I dont see how. Once you hook up your trailer, you have no access into the rear of the vehicle. Cantoo was able to jack knife his trailer, but his is completely custom. thus the reason im back looking for a P/U.
  4. heather

heather LawnSite Member

I love my truck.It's a 95 with 123,000miles on it. The tran does not shift like a caddy but gives me little trouble. The beaver tail on mine is far from wasted,it houses pushmowers and push blowers. What ever you do get the longest wheel base you can find.
  5. heather

heather LawnSite Member

love it

6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck you have there. I like it! Now, if only i could convince my boss to buy one but with a 14 foot box. What kind of mileage do you get with the diesel? I'm sure it is better than the 8.5 mpg we get in our current truck.
  7. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I was shopping for an Isuzu and UD Nissan today. Found a few with 14 and 16' boxes on them for around 11 and 12K with approx. 95-130k miles on them. I was told at 3 dealers that the UD is a far better truck than Isuzu. Have my eyes on a 99 UD 5spd with 119000 miles 6cyl. diesel. Can anyone give me some feedback on this diesel?? Was told to expect 12-14miles/gal. They had one the lot with 430,000 miles on it! There are a couple of guys in my area that make a beavertail ramp for the boxes....installed for $1200.00