It´s Gotta be time for fall cleanups!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, May 17, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I don´t know about ya´ll, but I feel like I´ve already done a seasons worth of mowing and I´m not even 25% into the season. I´ve already hit some yards 10 times. This has been the most torrid start to a season I have ever experienced. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not whining, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Yep...grass growing faster than I can keep it cut and rain keeping me off schedule. Everything is growing. I have customers that I normally trim shrubs for in July that are YELLING for me to get their shrubs trimmed now because of the fast growth. Looks like they will get trimmed twice this year:D

3. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

:D It is Fall here,in fact most trees have already lost their leaves,only have a couple of lawns where leaves are problem,but a couple of mows with the mulcher and they are all gone.Lawns have slowed right up as we haven't had any good rain for 4 months.I havent cut my lawn at home here for 5 weeks now.Roll on Spring time again.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with you Lawns and Mower, I have been cutting in wet, well a lot of the time in water for the last 3 weeks. I am just about worn out, and the season has just started.
    The grass grows so fast that it is hard to tell if you cut it when you are done cutting..:eek: It is raining every day or every couple days and comming down in buckets. Rains for couple days at a time. I would never complain about the rain but this is too much.
    :( Thats a bummer you could have some of our extra rain, figure how to get it there and it is yours. I have been cutting mine every 3 days, and I don't fertiize it like I should be. I am glad that I don't right now.