It ain't Rocket Science, but..............

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Feb 6, 2006.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Saw this going through some help wanted adds to day.............

Landscaping
    FULL TIME HOURLY
    IRRIGATION TECH &
    TURF TECH
    Irrigation tech to service
    existing installations and
    install new irrigation systems.
    Turf tech to be
    responsible for lawn
    chemical applications.
    Must be in good physical
    condition. Experience is
    helpful but not nec. Will
    train. Call 913-897-9705

Experience is "helpfull" but not necessary? What a waste of time the last 25 years have been :rolleyes:

2. h2o2gunr

h2o2gunr LawnSite Member

you must be in kc? i saw that in the paper. pretty good indicator for the customers out there i think.

it is very sad state of affairs i feel like you also, ive spent $ and time and sweat and blood ahem.....been close to cryin a time or two. all for what? the industry is being taken over by people that sold cars a few years ago. i guess thats why no one wants an experienced irrigator. just slam it in!!!!

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Some people think that because they can attach a hose to a faucet and turn it on they know everything there is to know about irrigation. :p

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

LOl too true..
    i thought i knew a lot about irrigation ( for around here, i do).. but after listening to some of you guys i feel very naive

5. PurpHaze

Duck when you see my post in another forum. Just being the Devil's Advocate. :)

6. YardPro

oh,i see, backpeddeling now?????LOL :)

you just like her avitar.......:drinkup:

7. PurpHaze

LOL... Just hedging my bets. And it was all in fun. :)

8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I even looked to try and see what you said, but when you post like 100 per day, finding something you said somewhere else just ain't going to happen. I feel like I live here just with the irrigation posts. Do you actually get any work done besides being here?

9. YardPro

no worries... i am rather blunt.. not much beating around the bushes... i know it comes off different than i mean to, so i always expect some flack....

it's tough being omnipotent:cool:

10. PurpHaze

I do have knowledge in other areas of landscaping so I also frequent the hardscaping, maintenance & renovation, public athletic fields, lighting and off topic forums as well. I use a browser that is a multi-tab type and will have as many as six tabs (pages) open at the same time. With email notification it's easy to pick the tab of the forum, go there and then respond if necessary. I also get a lot of PMs from different members. :)

And yes, I actually put in an 8 hour day. I get up early and spend an hour on the computer before work, sometimes get on in the afternoon and then there's the evenings. I also manage to sandwich in dinner, meetings, visiting relatives, doctors' appointments, etc. between all this. :p