1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

it finally happened to me!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Aug 28, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

left my gas cans out last night, and someone stole my 6 gallon blitz gas can that i just filled. i am so pissed!:angry: now i have to watch the garage because next it will be equipment. thank god i unloaded the equipmnt lat night once in a while ill leave it out,thank god:rolleyes:
  2. Forest

Forest LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that. But at least it was only a gas can Right?
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Now that would piss me off! I used to have a gas thief steal it out of my Z.... but atleast they didn't steal my prized Blitz cans...

Speaking of Blitz gas cans... where the heck can you still get a decent old style one? I'm not to fond of the ventless vent through the spout type I'm seeing everywhere!
  4. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Just in case they come back, you ought to leave a decoy can filled with the liquid of your choice for them.
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

naw just spike your decoy with alittle sugar.

A few months ago, when I ws 2 months into the business, I had someone steal new stihl edger, weedwacker, hedgetrimmer, and a used weedwacker. So I know the annoyance. And mine was locked in a garage.
  6. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Strangely enough, the only thing I've ever had stolen off my trailer was a wheelbarrow. And this was when I didn't have a garage and everything sat out.

I'd like to know where to get the old-fashioned gas cans too.
  7. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Another thread on Lawnsite has some good info on procuring plastic vented and metal gas cans, take a peek at thread titled

What happened to the good gas cans?

8. travis55

travis55 LawnSite Member

Time to set some security cameras up.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've always had this "phobia" of leaving gas out, for fear not of thieves, but for arsonists - kids messin' around.
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I'd leave another , brand new can full of gas and Clorox out for them to take again. Sugar doesn't do much to an engine, but bleach will certainly kill it.