It happened again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Triple R, May 25, 2006.

1. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

This hasn't happened to me in years but my luck ran out today. I was trimming the lawn in a back yard along the house and I didn't see anything but next thing I know I hit it with the line trimmer and I get a face full of... you guessed it fresh dog crap. Good thing that my mouth was closed and was wearing safety glasses but did it ever smell. All I could do was head to the faucet to hose off. On the bright side it was my last account for the day so I was able to go home and take a shower. How about sharing some of your experiences.

2. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I have had the same thing happen, The only difference is it happened first thing in the morning! no matter how much you hose off you cant get that smell off of you! That makes for a long day.

3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I love getting splashed with doggie doo. I love getting hit in the mouth with tiny rocks. I love when rocks bounce off my truck when I trim. I love when my trimmer guy hits customers or their homes when he is trimming.

I figure since I am not a lucky person, if I say I love all of the above, it will NEVER happen...................................again.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I had it go in my nose last year. Try smelling that all day. ughh. :dizzy:

5. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

About a week ago I got it in the mouth. What a bad feeling.

6. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

What I don't like is when you get splished in the face with something wet and you didn't see any thing and there is nothing there now and you don't know what it was.

7. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I have a lake house property that I service and it never fails. There is a neighborhood dog that likes to take a crap on the side of trees. So when I trim around the trees the head of my weedeater goes around first and before I can even see it there lays the pile. Of course I see it after it hits me in the face. Why in the world would a dog take a crap at the base of the tree I will never figure out.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

just another reason to hate dogs

9. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have one customer that has 3 dogs that are crated all day. They are big 100lb dogs. They S@#% and S@#% everywhere. It's the stressed runny type. I feel sorry for the dogs. Anyway, when ever I get hit I think of the time my mom was holding my youngest son up in the air above her and she was doing the tickle google or what ever and had her mouth open and he vomited right into her mouth. Lots of vomit. 5 yrs later if you want her to throw up or leave just start talking about that.

I will say the nice thing about not having any rain is the lack of wet sloshly S#$% all over the place.

10. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

thats y u have to have the cleanup clause in your contract. mine says that yard must be free of pet droppings or they will be charged a $5 cleanup fee. people are cheap enough that that will compel them to keep em clean.