it has been raining and I am getting depressed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by guven, Jun 8, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

For the first time I am 3 days behind the my schedule. I am afraid of my clients because of I am late. I want to mow this Sunday but people are getting rest therefore I feel unconfortable. what can I do really do not know.I am solo and this rainly weather made me smoke alot

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Surely your customers have noticed the rain, too. Do what you need to do to get caught up. If someone complains because you're mowing on Sunday, apologize and skip them until their next cut. You can only do what you can do.....

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

You gotta do what you gotta do, myself I will let it rain for 2days, on the 3rd day if lawns aren't flooded we will mow....You gotta think about your self sometimes too, hell with them being upset about there lawn not cut, what about the $2,000 you didn't make those 3 days?:nono: As you grow in busi ness you'll learn to start being more selfish, after all doesn't your business exist to benefit you? I think of it like this" Please the customer 60% of the time, Please your self 40% of the time. I used to jump form the customer 100% of the time, and nothing benefited me except the $$$

If you have to mow in a light rain to keep up so be it.

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Just grin and bear it and make it up by working your tail off this weekend. Do you have some one that can put in some time for you temp.?

5. guven

guven LawnSite Member

no I do not have some one to help me. my close friend went out of state.

6. guven

guven LawnSite Member

Thank you for the input. You are right but I am not making $2000 in three days. I wish I can make it.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

WIsh it would rain here! We are in a serious drought, and I could use a few days of.

Of course I say that now, but in a few weeks it will rain every afternoon from then until Sept and I will be complaining that it is raining tooo much...

We just did a 9000 sq ft sod install and it could use the extra water..

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

We are having the same problem here .. for the most part the customers will understand why you are late ... you cant control the weather. The big problem im having is completing other jobs . I have several mulch and trimming jobs that i just cant get to because im spending so much time mowing around the rain.

9. QPC

QPC LawnSite Member

need rain here i kansas citytoo. can anyone help me out with some formulas ? i need to find out how to figure how much rock it will take to cover 300 sq ft

10. QPC

QPC LawnSite Member

mw typings not to good , could really use the help though