It hit the fan here....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 31, 2010.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Man guys, have seen highs in the Upper 70's here the last two days, with another day of the same tomorrow. HIGHLY unusual for the Upper Midwest end of March. Heck, we had snow cover just over 2 weeks ago?!?!
    The lawns really are greening up in front of my eyes. Rd 1 going to start probably a full 3 weeks early.

What a rush of calls and e-mails for ests....I am sure you can attest.
    Its a fun time of year, albeit a little hectic. Wish you could spread some of this spring euphoria out over the whole year:)

2. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

You mean to tell me you haven't atarted round 1 yet?

I have over 300 customers and will be done by the end of next week. On to Seeding and first spring hort I and D's

What are you waiting for?

3. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

What if we get a Late freeze?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Yep the same thing here.i Have been spraying for the last 2 days it rained monday and was wet yesterday a lot better to day going to be 75 tomorrow 80 sat and sun to hot to quick
    Charles Cue

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

For one thing I will have a tenth of the customers you have. Only my 2nd year (although I do other things than just lawns). I can get done with a round in 2-3 days. For another thing, we were fully dormant up to yesterday. I think there is a good window to do Rd 1 over the next couple weeks. I am watching soil temps.

Pls don't prejudge until you know the facts of who you are talking to. Don't worry, I won't miss Rd 1. Can always move from Barricade to Dimension ya know....

6. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

It's been snowing here all day. :(

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Like real snow? ( snow that can be plowed) or snow that just melts when it hits the ground?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Warm here in N Illinois too, but soil temps are only in the low 40's. I like to wait 'til the last minute and spray the broadleaves when I put down my pre-m. Doing it this way saves a lot of calls asking when the do the weeds get sprayed.

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Sometimes I wish I could wait until the last minute too. Customer count and cash flow do not allow that here...Maybe if I were full maintenance.

10. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Why would anyone wait? 2-3 days a round, or not there is no reason for it. Why put off till tomorrow what you can get done today? Get after it already.
    NOW is the time to pick up new accounts. Be out there & people will ask/no BEG for a quote on the spot this time of the year. Every day that goes by the number of people needing to set up fert for the year gets lower-Kinda like musical chairs:usflag: