1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

It is going to be a Great Week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Columbia Care, May 2, 2010.

1. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

It has been raining for over 24 hours. Already had 6 inches of rain and more coming in with Strong Storms. Yard clean ups will be great this week, hope my mowers don't get stuck while cutting yards.

2. GlynnC

GlynnC LawnSite Senior Member

Just heard that our largest commercial account is under water--business may struggle for a while. Lawn care may be the least of their problems. PROBABLY NOT GOING TO BE SO GREAT FOR SOME OF US!!!

3. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

Yep, I have about 6 in bellevue that Im afraid are flooded out,and I was worried about drought,lol

4. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 LawnSite Senior Member

I am surrounded by water on 3 sides lol. Spent 1000 dollars yesterday on maintenance for the truck and water is touching the rims as we speak. What is everyone's game plan? I just wanna get out and do what I can for people IF this ever stops. Forget cutting grass these are my neighbors. I dont know if i should post on craigslsit or what

5. rwar

rwar LawnSite Member

I know,I just saw on the news that most of the people in the area in Bellevue didnt have flood insurance,I feel really bad for them.I will probably spend tomorrow checking on things cant get close now,water too high and rescuers dont need anyone else in the way

6. Columbia Care

We have had over 11 inches of rain since yesterday. One of the two streets into our house is washed away, and the other is close to washing away. Might not even be able to get out once it dries up.

7. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

I first read this and thought what a positive approach to the week, and then I read it. Prayers go out to those in need!

8. GlynnC

GlynnC LawnSite Senior Member

I think for a few days it may be tough to have a plan of action--as soon as I can get there after the water goes down, I'm going to my commercial business that's flooded, with trailer, shovels, brooms, bags, and help do what I can do!!! It's important to get them back in business ASAP. We'll take it one step at a time.

9. Columbia Care

In the Middle Tennessee Area, we are in serious trouble. We just heard that the National Guard is being called in to help rescue people. All we can do is stay out of the EMS Crews way and pray everyone remains safe.

10. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I will just start there as well and check on my residentials after that I can. I have a customer in Antioch(elderly couple) i am really worried about. Husband(82) was supposed to have surgery tommorrow! I am sure on the way there will be plenty of people who could use a hand. If only i would have bought that winch...... waters are starting to come down I can see the hoods of cars on my street again. idk if i should drain the fluids n the truck or not......:cry: