It is more blower for sure

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Choppin, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the Redmax 8500 yesterday after demoing it last week and I have been running it against my Sthil 600 and Echo 770 and it will def move more leaves faster... I also did a little test putting a block on concrete and the Redmax blows the block 3 feet further than the Sthil and 2 feet further than the echo... I'm satisfied with my new purchase. The Echo is sold and if the Sthil sales I will be get the 7500 next.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chuckduck

Chuckduck LawnSite Senior Member

What did you end up paying for it ? Did you demo the 7500 too ?

3. Choppin

No I didn't demo the 7500 and I don't know price yet... I charged it becuase the owner wasn't there yet so they just charged it for MSRP til he gets back and he will knock some off and I will pay then.... They just didn't know what he would charge me... But the MSRP was like 564 I think... He will prob come down to $540 or maybe little less...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

Wait til it gets broken in good!! I've never had a piece of equipment step-up in power after a break-in period like this thing has.

5. Choppin

How many tanks will it take to break it in good?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

You will start noticing quite a difference after 5 or 6 tanks. I ran probably about the 15th tank through mine today and seems to still be picking up power.

7. Choppin

You the one with the Sthil tip on it
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

I am. After a lot of adjustments, I ended up coming back up into the flair about a .25 inch and cutting it there. That's where it will stay. I like the narrower air stream and better scouring it provides. Where I live we have a lot of Laurel Oaks and the narrow leaves get stuck in the grass and are hard to blow out. That's my reason for the mod. I absolutely love the way this blows now.

9. Choppin

So you cut a quarter of a inch off the end of the tip?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. leftyjoe

leftyjoe LawnSite Member

The Stihl tip flairs down to a straight section. Basically, cut the straight section plus a .25' off of the stihl tip.