It just ain't looking good....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LwnmwrMan22, Mar 12, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You boys that live in the Northern U.S., and look at the National Weather Service Maps, know that pinks and purples aren't good this time of year.

After a week of 40's and 50's, and the snow almost being gone and getting that itch...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mpx/

Forcast for tonight.... 6-10" snow, locally heavier amounts.

Looks like I'm putting off for another month by the time this melts and the ground actually dries up.....

2. I'd rather have that than the 5" -6" rain we are getting.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the 15 day forecast for the Northeast is looking pretty bleak too. There isn't any real snow in it but the temps will be more like the end of January than the end of March.

4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Well we just did not receive hardly any snow amounts this year, so we are pretty dry as far as moisture in the ground goes.And usaually we dont start to mow till the end of April at the earliest anyways, so we got time for this snow(moisture).And the snow wont stick around to long as the ground is warming up.This is just March weather in the north!

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Good thing my plows are still on. Can't complain about snow, money is money!!payup

6. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont want anymore snow i want to start clean ups. :angry: :realmad:

7. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, you guys get alot of snow up there...only a few here..spring will be here before you know it.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Calling for some "possible snow" on Friday, 3/17...we'll see... I already started clean-ups so I would prefer a quick straight shot into spring with-put looking back!

9. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to get enough snow to plow at least once this year but it won't happen. The last time any measurable snow fell here was back in early December and I was in Mississippi doing Katrina restoration then. So I myself have had NO snow this 2005-06 winter.

10. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

it looks like we could be getting a snowstorm in the northeast friday:angry: I am ready for the cleanups and spring. I just needed one more week for season prep but if we get that snow it could be another two or three weeks.