IT LOOKS GOOD ....FOR NOW

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by FIREMAN, Mar 3, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

THE LASTEST MODELS I'VE SEEN PUT ME IN THE 12-18 INCH RANGE...THAT WOULD BE A NICE WAY TO END THE SEASON....

2. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

Hell yeah!

3. Alan

Alan Member

Looks like we're be out of the loop up here in NW Vermont. Projections are for 1-3" at this point. Might get better, never can tell until it's all down. But, Dino, you want any help down there if it hits. I could have the 2500 with the Vee plow down there in a few hours if you get buried.

4. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here - being w-a-y in from the coast (north of Toronto) I don't think we'll get much out of this one. Had some snow yesterday, today warmed up & was sunny. Still, I don't think it's quite over for the season up here yet. March always brings something - usually wet, heavy snow.

5. npalomba

npalomba LawnSite Member

At least 10 inches I am being told here; Could easily be more.

6. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

For those in jersey, check this out:

http://www.sussexcountyinfo.com/

Check out the WEATHER WATCH near the top center/right.
    This is where I've been getting my weather from, and so far, the guy has done much better than anyone else.

Looks like history may be made, but I will wait till I wake up tomorrow. As for the weather channel, they can kiss my but. I refuse to even look there anymore. They have a total of about 8 inches from sun til tues. I think they are a little behind......as usual. They are useless. I'm glad I don't have cable and have to depend on them.

steveair

[Edited by steveair on 03-04-2001 at 01:13 AM]

7. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Ohhh just got done reading my forecast for central new jersey. Only 26-32 inches!!!!! YIKESSS!!!!! I always get myself wound up before these snows hit and dont come back down until I'm sure we've got everything done. Snow action plan is in place, however the variables can keep you up at night with that big knot in the stomach. Prepare prepare prepare, with a little bit of prayer, and I'll come out the other side of this a very wealthy man.

Hoping you guys get yours....and that this storm runs as smooth as 96. God bless Mother Nature.

CMerLand

8. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes,

Yikes is the word. If we get what they are talking about so far all hell is going to break lose. Its going to be a real disaster out there. I feel bad for you guys that have to drive from job to job. I remember horror stories of trying to get to a job during the blizzard of 96 and getting stuck on a road for 3 hours because it wasn't plowed at all. Or my favorite is sitting on a road that the state police have closed off and you can't go anywhere.

I'm glad to be 'stationary' during these big ones, but other things can happen......like our 1967 snowblast blower breaks down and we have to push the windrows off both sides of the runway with only a case 580 and a case 5130 farm tractor...........

Good luck to all if this one hits!

steveair

9. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

Forecast here is 12" to 24" OH-BOY!!! BUT I will believe it when I see it.

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Millenium weather says 12-24, weather channel says 24+.

too much IMO. But hey I will deal with it.

the driving will be the kicker.