it seems like hi-way robbery (grub-insect control )

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

we been using Allectus insecticide at a cost of $2.45 pre m

i am getting $118 minimum per lawn and as high as $290.00 for a lawn that is 24,000 sf.($12.00+ per m) to $248 for a 22,950..

man that seem like robbery.
    but i am getting it an so is chem lawn and the rest...

what do you guys think..?

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

If you are feeling bad don't charge so much.

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

ant u r the man getting some nice money and telling the rest of us to make me feel bad

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

don't feel bad charge what they will pay...your getting paid for what you do and what you know how can you put a price on that...

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

It is a big buck item for us as well, however we guarantee to repair any grub damage. Thats why our price is so high.

6. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

Thats what I do, I tell the customer its like insurance for your lawn.

7. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Compare it to Pre-Em on your lawn, only much more expensive, and add the guarantee for grub damage. With the amount of beetles buzzing around this year, I'm getting a lot of calls to add the service.

It does seem expensive, but you charge what you have to. If the market will bear it, so be it.

8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

I think if you are giving the clients grub free and healthy turfgrass, it's not highway robbery. Subtract your stop fee and materials and other costs and then income tax. Whats left?

Is that really a lot of money?

Keep up the good quality, and clients will pay often more than the service is worth.

Good for you!

Pete D.

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Your Kidding..... right??

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

This year, it seems like the cost of a "combo" (fert + Merit) is about the same as Merit only. (less than $38 per 50 pound bag). Combo product = 4 pounds per 1000 square feet. So I can see why this post was initiated. Grubworm prevent prices vary greatly here. One LCO is cheaper than us, but the rest are way pricier than us.