It took me 2 weeks to aerate my lawn!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LawnBoy89, Oct 11, 2008.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

3. ezgoer1969

ezgoer1969 LawnSite Member

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have one that has a T handle and 2 core tines mounted on the bottom, you step on it to push them into the ground and eject the plugs. Now THAT would take 2 weeks, but at least you would have done a good job! It is kinda handy, for my own lawn, when I have a spot that's not taking water well. I can poke a bunch of holes in the area with that.

(I bought mine when I was like 14 :rolleyes: )

lawn-aerator-lg.jpg

5. Vineyard_Inc

Vineyard_Inc LawnSite Member

we use one that you pull behind your mower its pretty much a drum with 2 1/2" spikes. Fill the drum with water and cruise around poking holes everywhere. On harder surfaces it doesnt work to well though. Needs to be heavier

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

The one Jason has there is good for inspecting the clients' lawns. It is what I use to see the thatch layer and how far down the water goes into the soil etc.

7. Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well you think more than I do... I never even thought of doing this! not that I want to get more into the aeration biz. But if I had help I could probably upsale over half my lawn customers by pulling some plugs with it and showing them just how bad the thatch is, and if there's none, well...

10. weasel

weasel LawnSite Member
    from 5

Come October I take the Velke's off the walk behinds and we all wear Golf Shoes.