It was hard but I did it.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, Jun 11, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Im mowing a couple of accounts today, across from each other that I have had for a few years. When blowing the front entry way out at one house I see a add hanging from the door knob. The add is for another lawn company, says there a new company looking for customers. At first I want to rip it off and take it with me, but then better judgment set in. I left it there because I am confident in the job I do and the fact the customers like it. I also could not pull it down because it wasnt on my door, and not at my house, it just is not right. Im sure I put fliers on a few other lawn companies customers doors, I know they might rip them down but Im better than that. So I left it there in the door, and at another house around the corner I do.
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

It's nice to hear some one act with integrity, I'd say you did the right thing.
  3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats an honorable thing you did. I must admit I probably would have taken it down.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Wait till you get one on your own door..........It's a hoot!
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a LCO in my area that one of his customers received one of my door hangers. He called me to tell me how sweet they looked and where could he get some. No hard feelings, he knew I was not trying to steal his client.
  6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Good job. This is the kind of positive attitude we need to see on this board more often. Glad to see there are still some professionals still out there.
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I had another LCO from on here stop me today, just to say hi.

That was way cool. Thanks Eric.

It isn't or at least shouldn't be about running over the competion. Network locally as well as on the net.
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

That was a very respectable thing you did. Good to see you have confidence in your work; that is very important.
  9. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Hey John :cool: no problem there is enough work to go around. I swap leads with a few other LCO's around here on a regular basis. We all like different types of lawns or different areas so we help eachother out. If you see " The Lawn Ranger" around he's a good friend of mine.

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the right thing to do. I'd never take down another person's flyers. I know I'd hate that if people did that to me!