It was just a matter of time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass-scapes, Sep 18, 2004.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, it finally happened. The theives got me. 2 blowers, 1 trimmer, and hedge clippers. Now im in the market for a blower. I had an echo pb46 and it was HEAVY and not very powerful. the other blower was a Stihl BR-420 and it was light and pretty good. My question is, what is the best blower as far as weight vs. power. I want good power but a lighter weight machine. I had looked at the redmax online and it blows 825 CFM @ 205 mph. How is this machine for weight. Any other suggestions? I need something real soon. I am borrowing a blower and it sucks (LOL).

Any help would be appreciated.
    I am also looking at buying a walk behind blower for those big jobs/parking lots.

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Lots of people here use Redmax and seem to love them, used Echos mostly myself, tried Sthil BP (was a POS), and Deere was ok.

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Stihl BR 320 BP blower and it works great!!!!!!! Red Max BP blowers are also a good choice. Little Wonder definitely makes the most powerful WB blower !!!!!!! I have a 10 HP Little Wonder and I love it!!!!!!

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass scapes, unless you like yankin' on ripcords, and feeble performance, avoid the Stihl. Get the Redmax 8000 and be done.

5. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

For the benefit of us all, how did they get you? Did you leave yourself vulnerable or did they break a lock or something?

I ask because I leave my equipment out of my sight many times but I definitely leave everything locked. However, I still worry about my stuff.

6. Nitro Junkie

Nitro Junkie LawnSite Member
    from va

curious to hear as well just for our own knowledge, new to the biz and considering an enclose trailer and parking in the garage to keep this from happening.

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an enclosed trailer......With locks, but I forgot to lock it. Busy parking lot, lots of cars in and out. I was on the back side of the building and when I came around, the door was open. I knew they got me.

8. LawnsInOregon

LawnsInOregon LawnSite Member
    from oregon

Sorry to hear. I have some redmax units. cut and paste the website address below and let me know.

Thanks

9. 25nbl

25nbl LawnSite Member

That SUCKS...sorry to hear that! If the thieves want your stuff, they will get it no matter what. I had some stuff stolen my first year in, so I started locking all my stuff down...well, go in the backyard for a few minutes...they unhooked the whole trailer from the truck and took everything on it with the locks!

10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Thats why you should put a lock on the trailer coupler (the thing that locks on to the ball).