It was so hot today mowing that......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Jul 19, 2002.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

....I could feel alot of heat rising up from the grass while I was mowing but when I turned the mower around on the concrete pavement the heat went away and it felt cool even at 98 degrees. Heat index was around 110 today or more I think. I was mowing around 3:00 after getting off from my full time job in an air conditioned building. I don't know how you full-time guys do this in the heat all day long day after day of July and August temperatures.

2. gwoods

gwoods LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i work 50hrs in the a/c a week and still manage to get 31 yards done. do you drink pop at work if so stop drink ice tea or water. its a good idea to keep water with you when you are mowing. i just put a water cooler on my trailer this year and it is the best improvemnt i have made.

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

replace that ice tea with Gatorade...the caffeine will dehydrate ya...

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It was so hot today that the thermometer had a funeral parlor fan flappin' in the wind.

I know one thing. You Yankees ain't got to deal with bahai and let me tell you this.............dry bahai is the hardest thing in the south to cut.

Supposed to be getting back into our summer time weather pattern today, temperatures are supposed to go back down to the low 90's and rain moving back in the forecast.

Had me a belly full of this hot dry stuff.:blob2:

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

It was so hot I saw a fire hydrant chasing after a dog.:D

badaboom....

6. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I feel your pain Homer. I was out in it yesterday and was cussing the bahaia the entire time. I am heading out in a few minutes....got 4 acres of the $#!^ to cut today.

7. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"a fire hydrant chasing after a dog"...

Now THAT is Hot! :eek:

Good one, KenH! :laugh:

8. greenflag

greenflag LawnSite Member

It is so hot that the birds are using pot holders to pull the worms out of the ground, and the cows are giving evaporated milk!
    :D

9. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Replace that Gatorade w/ Powerade. I go through about one of those 64 oz. bottles every three lawns.....lol. No lie. Hot as the dickens!

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

It was so hot that I'm glad I'm UP NORTH!!!!

KY blue ain't hard to cut at all.
    There is plenty of beer here.
    There are lakes and woods to go to that are cooler.
    If you are complainin about the heat now, come back and complain about it in 5 months.

I'll stay here with all the southern licence plates that come here to live in the summer. Heat Birds. Not as popular as snow birds but they drive just as bad.

Have a cool day, and no offense my southern bro's.