1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"It would be Nice"

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by nocutting, May 26, 2005.

1. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy, on the equipment for sale forum it would be great if there were different sections Mowers, Trailers,Trucks,Sprayers, ect........Its a killer looking through all those pages?........Just a Thought?....Regards-Saxon [ "Great Site" ] :)
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Not a bad idea...would add to the site...we also receive requests for people to be able to post on the equipment, ask questions, etc... not sure how we are going to handle it since it is such a large part of the site...
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Sean, Would someone be able to make it so we could test run a reply feature in the marketplace? And as with anything remove it if it gets out of control. I think it would be easier on people that are new to LS and don't have the use of the PM's

Thanks and keep up the good work

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of breaking everything down into it's own little forum.
    It would take longer to look at the new posts in EACH section of the equipment marketplace then just looking at the most recent posts on the ONE forum.

I always just hit "New Posts" everytime I come here anyway. I never bother looking in each individual forum, takes too long.
  5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Some common sense when posting would be nice too. Subjects like "for sale," and "wanted" are a waste of everyone's time. Regardless of what you're looking to sell or buy, it can all be spelled out in the subject line of the post without running out of room, and then more information can be put in the post itself.

I don't know anything about the vBulletin software, but is there any way other than the 'Stickies' at the top of the page to instruct people to put as much info as possible in the subject line? I'm guessing most people don't even read them and just hit 'new post' and blaze right through it.