It's 1 am.... where have you been mowing???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 2, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

After 6 1/2 days of rain, ithe MOON popped its head out tonight.

Michigan... Pennsylvania.... upstate NY.... the sun is coming if it hasn't been there already.

Finally got started today at 4 pm, got stuff that hasn't been mowed for 2 weeks come Thursday.

Just finished up some commercial accounts, heading to bed, be out the door again in 3 1/2 hours.

When I get time again, I'll post some pictures that I took of some "survival mowing" I did in the rain. Got to the point after 16 of the last 19 days having rain you just had to start hacking and leave it, yards too soft to run baggers or double cut.

Oh well, that's life, live or die by the rain.
  2. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Ahhh. The worst is yet to come! Late July drought bound to be an issue. Probably soaking August to follow...

Take it as ya get it, much as we'd love to change it we're owned by the forces that be. Sometimes I even work on "national holidays".

LOL!:D :angel: :p
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to have some of the rain that your having. were in drought conditions out here.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We're getting rain right now. And we'll keep taking the rain as much as we can get. Matt's taking advantage of some down time doing some equipment maintenance, as soon as the rain stops, he'll try to get some more lawns cut this evening. We have too many accounts to fall behind because of the rain.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well, I got rained out today. Just when I thought that we were starting to dry out
  6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

My lawns are drowning. Alot have root rot b/c of the stupid rain, and rampant fungus. Almost all our lawns have fungus on them. and yeah i know that some of the fungus was our fault but it seems to be thriving b/c of the wet conditons.