1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

it's a great time to LOWER MY PRICES

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 31, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

MY GOODNESS, as i drove by the gas station, they had cops directing traffic, in and out, of the gas station. it seems, that gas (regular) hit $2.99 a gallon here today. but my usual spot, had it for $2.60. the lines were out of the station, down the road. the cops were there keeping things in order. looks like most of the "image is everything" companies, with thier gas guzzling rigs, will be hurting bad, reaL bad. it's a great time to LOWER MY PRICES, and control the market, as i had planned on , anyway. you see, when you operate at a 7% profit, something like this, can sink you. i, was at around 75% profit, so, i lower my prices, take ALL THE WORK, and even at lower fees, my profits climb to 80-85%. HELP WANTED- pooper scooper associates. pickers, bucket scrubbers, and boot washers. experience prefered, but will train the right canidate. inquire within
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like tgcl to me
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

By the looks of the 8,000 plus threads you better worry about getting more customers. Must be nice to average all those threads per day. Oh thats right you have more than enough customers, all 3 of them. But its enough for a six pack right?
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

6 pack? do they still make those? i told my wife the smallest pkg they make these days, is a 30 pack. she believed me.
  5. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

I love how the big boys do all their excess, stir up the town, consume fuel, take on huge crews, take on huge risk and lots of industrial equipment, get big commercial jobs that are only guaranteed for a year, waste money on numerous bullcrap to support their bloated operations, charge up the ass to compensate for their sluggish operations, ect.

It just increases my job security.

By the way, damn, that is a pathetic amount of posts. Simply put, get a life.
  6. bobbygedd

from NJ

thank you sir. btw, i been to hollywood, it's a scummy craphole, new brunswick new jersey has classyier people.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, and I am sitting back laughing at all these guys, saying "I told you so."

And I did... I told them...
    "The high volume/low profit (aka- Wal-Mart strategy) does not work in the service industry."
  8. Nathan 281

Nathan 281 LawnSite Member
    from MN

You say that you price a lawn in your area at $30 when most of your compitition is a 18-22 range and you have no trubble getting 30 How much do you plain to lower your price? and why when the rest of the market is going up?
  9. bobbygedd

from NJ

the rest of the mkt is not going up. it's been going down. the standard at one time, was $25. then, it went to $18-$22. i priced my work at $30, simply because , i was part time, and it never mattered, in get the job, or i don't. now, the $18-$22 r's, will be gone. the $30's, will be gone. and my lower fees, will allow me to get blocks and blocks, neighborhoods and neighborhoods, therefor, increasing my net profit. WHY, you may ask? cus, i didn't set myself up for failure, like these other retarts did
  10. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure NJ is a little slice of heaven :rolleyes: , but in no way shape or form is hollywood a craphole, in any sense of the word. You'll never back that up, you probably didn't mean it in the first place, admit it. :p

Class 1 Fire Service here in HWD, FL by the way. Rare achievement.