1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

It's A Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Kickin Your Grass, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Well my site is finally up, but it's still a work in progress!

I'm still working on the wording for most the pages, trying to figure out how to get the flash program to work for the photos page, trying to get rid of the white back ground around the photos, and I need to upload eye catching photos for the various pages.

Check it out..

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really nice! Very clean, professional, sharp - I really like it.

The only thing I noticed was a few typos that you probably want to fix:

This service includes mowing your lawn.Insert comma Line trimming around fences, trees, and all other obstacles.comma Edging of all sidewalks, curbing, and driveways.insert conjunction and comma Power blowing of all hard services.

Otherwise, it looked great. . . Keep up the good work.
  3. Kickin Your Grass

Fixed... Thank you!
  4. thempikes

thempikes LawnSite Member

Looks good. Very neat and to the point.

Considered the name of your business? How about West Texas Lawn Care or West Texas Lawn Care by Allen. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  5. Kickin Your Grass

Well I'm pretty much finished with the site.

I'm going to add a section in the photos link for lawn pictures soon.

I'm going to get the truck and trailer cleaned up and have a picture taken with my wife and kids and my employees by it and put it on the main page.

What do you think so far?
  6. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Very pleasing look and feel. A few picky details:

1. I like your phone number at the top (unusual but effective), but I would move the phone number to the right of the logo to conserve space.

2. I'd like to see a "Home" button on your nav bar - there's no way to get back to your home page.

3. There code issues that will hurt you in search results:

- no meta tags for 'description' and 'keywords' on any page. Description is especially important since google uses that to display with your link.

- you have no alt tags with your images - these are text descriptions that go in the code. They are very important for google and you should put important keywords in these descriptions.
  7. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I know where Wichita Falls is at.

Used Google maps. I only knew of Wichita area before: both sides.
  8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, some of the tips I can give you:

1: make a home page
    2: The page contact us should actually be listed as the last one, services should come before that.
    3. In the contact us page, you should probably consider adding the code bellow: (Since you don't have a max length for a name, phone number ect.

<input name="Name" maxlength="19" />

Otherwise looks good!