It's all downhill from here boys......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Aug 22, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Woke up this morning, 41 degrees out. There's a couple of Sugar Maples that have already started changing leaves around here.

If you haven't started saving your money to help get through the winter, you'd better get a move on, another 2 months and it can be snowing anytime here in MN.

Just thought I'd give some people a wake up call, maybe a little motivation for those of us that have hit that proverbial wall the last couple of weeks from working every day for the last 2-3-4-5 months.

Just a couple of more, and it's sit around and watch the snowfall time.

2. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm hoping for alot of snow, I was reading somewhere that some people out east refer to snow and "frozen gold". waht are your thoughts? any $$ in snow removal?

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

A lot more than mowing on a per hr. base. But a pita ! Never had to get up at 2:00 AM to go and mow

4. Charles Odell

Charles Odell LawnSite Member

81 degrees here this morning thats the LOW for today
    weather says high of 96 We still have 2.5-3 months to mow here
    About 3 to 4 months of fall and winter We start back up
    about March 1st Little or no snow here!

5. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

The other half is up that way on bussiness.

I am sure she packed summer wear being it is still 90 in SC.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

41 degrees! Wow! Send me some of it. I have not made it past 12:00 a singe day in past 3 weeks, going to be 110 today and was 110 yesterday. I usually mow up till right after Thanksgiving. BTW, what is snow? :D

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah really... we could blend some of that 41 degree air half-n-half with our air and it would still be friggin hot!!!

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

We've had a pretty miserable summer here in the east too. We've had mini-monsoons, mini-droughts and a whole lot of hazy, hot and humid. I know it gets a little hotter in the south but it doesn't get nearly as cold there as it does here. We can expect temps anywhere from 100+ in the summer to -5 in the winter.

I think we've settled into the end of summer though. There are no more 90+ days in the 15 day forecast and the lows are finally going to go below 70.

9. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

thank god on the lower temps

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

We call it white gold and there is a huge load of money in it. However you have to wake up early to go take care of it.