1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

It's been a while!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chip, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Its been a while since I bought a new machine. I made the plunge and bought a Dixie 2001 xwh2400. I owe the credit to the Eric the mechanic at my dealer for convincing me to buy it. I was going to buy the toro, but after test driving the Dixie I was sold. I also owe credit to all dixie owners on this site, if it wasn't for you I don't know which machine I would have choose. Eric "ELM" I can't wait to try double blades. This is my First major purhcase in 5 yrs since I bought my 3 wheel Gravely.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Chip :D

You are the third one I know of that bought the XW2400 Big Wheel. 2nd one that posted today that they bought one. Keep us informed on how you like it. ;)

BTW, I just noticed you called it an XWH2400, is that what they ended up calling it? I thought it was an XW2400 Big Wheel.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I don't know all the DC names and numbers yet. Is that the machine with the Honda 24hp engine?
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

chip, Thats a very nice machine! I love that Honda engine! How fast does this model go? I still want to try a chopper! I dont see many in this area!
  5. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

Evan you welcome to come over and try my Chopper. Just give me a call. The ground speed is supposed to be 10 mph.
  6. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

How is the Honda engine??? does it have the power of the 25 kohler and does it have all the filters and coolers, and blade tip speed of the kohlers. Keep us all informed
  7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Lawnsite gonna turn the Philly Suburbs into Dixie users? Hmmm...I can't say I've ever seen one on a trailer around here. Well I guess I'll know you Chip when/if I see a Chopper on a trailer when I'm out.
  8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

chips is only the second ive ever seen around here!
  9. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

The Honda engine has all those coolers and filters. I can't really compare it to the 25hp Kohler but I will tell you this it puts my Gravely 20hp outfront machine to shame. I'm using the Gravely for those lawns that have lots of trees with low branch's. It is taking me a little time to get used to the Dixie and the sensitivity of the steering and speed. I'm noticing a big difference in increased productivity already, can't wait to see how much it increases once I finally get used to this machine.
  10. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats,Honda + Dixie,hopefully you never have to see your mechanic again!
    I've never had a problem with my 22 Kohler (4+ years)but if I had the choice back then I probably would have gone with the Honda.
    Good luck on your new purchase.