Its bout time I introduce myself (pics)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nickscuttingedgelawn, Sep 4, 2008.

1. nickscuttingedgelawn

nickscuttingedgelawn LawnSite Member

Well i have been registered on here a few months back and was never really active. Well I am Nick and I am a 17 year old high school senior in North Carolina. I started lawn care my freshman year of high school for a way to pay for college. I started off with just a 21 in john Deere push mower and using my parents john Deere lx 280. Since then I have gained more customers each year I am currently sitting at 17-18 customers per week. I have been working every week since. In the years that I have been working I have never missed a customer mowing. I go to school during the day until 3.00 in the afternoon. I can usually complete 4-5 lawns after school. When I first turned 16 is when I started expanding out of my street. I started with an 03 Sport Trac and this past May I purchased my Uncles 97 F - 150 that has 347000 miles on it now I bought it with 339,000. I also purchased my trailer at the age of 16 it is a Leonard 17 ft with the 2 ft mesh sides. My mower is a Toro ZTR that I purchased this past spring and it makes things so much easier I have yetto buy a strip kit for it. I also did buy of the equipment you see in the photo with my own money. I plan to attend college next year, So I will be doing this next year until July with my current customers. Whell that's about all heres the pictures from work today (9-4-08)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Front Yard, I am not very good at stripes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to Lawnsite, best of luck with your business

3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Very good work. You're a smart man. Get that education. Heck, I'm 57 and I think I'm going to enroll this fall in a local junior college to get some edumacation on agriculture landscaping.

4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

What school did you say you attend?

- nice equipment
    - nice lawns!
    - nice truck

Your spelling sucks so that must put you right up there with the best of the best for landscaping j/k.

Way to go!

I love the second pic of the house you cut!

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow thats alot of miles. What was he doing to rack up that kind of mileage?

6. nickscuttingedgelawn

Thanks man ya my spelling needs some work that's what English class is for right.

7. nickscuttingedgelawn

He lives in Michigan near the southern boarder and would drive to Toledo Ohio every day. By the way its the orginal motor and tranny. No joke and it tows my trailer like its nothing

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

That's a ton of miles on the truck! Truck and trailer look good together.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Truck looks great for having that kinda milage! Nice set-up and good luck!

10. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Can i ask why you were driving 40+mph, towing a 16ft trailer behind you, and taking pictures? lol