1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Its Cold Out There!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LB Landscaping, Nov 4, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Damn, doing clean-ups today and it was getting cold. Stuck right around 40 degrees all day with a cool breeze. Not to mention its been raining for two days, today was misty but we got a few in. Supposed to rain again tomorrow. :angry: How the weather in your neck of the woods???
  2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Down here in Jericho Vt the high was about 38 and it is cold, wet and rainy down here. same weather predicted tomorrow.
  3. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Cold? What a shame - it was 84 here today (San Antonio, TX). Might get down to about 68 tonight. Brrrrrrrrr!
  4. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

The high today was 77. Fescue is coming in nicely.:)
  5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

About 85 or 86 here today, send a little bit of that weather down south. I'm tired of sweating!!
  6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I hate you A1 (just kidding) I'm about 8-9 months away from those temps. My wife just flew out today to your area, I'm sure she'll call and let me know how nice it is down there!!!
  7. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

Whooo daddy, she a little nippy up here! Weve got about a half a dozen cleanups yet to do and we got a little acuumulation of snow yesterday. Its been rainy all day today. Good for snow removal bids but not good for work that still needs to be done. Thats what we get for livin in the midwest :)
  8. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Last year we did not have a Fall cleanup !! This Year Wet ! Wet ! Wet ! I Think it's going to be a good Winter ( I Hope !! )
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

i'm in NJ and for the past few days it's been in the upper 70's last year this time we were freezing our a**es off

I hate all you guys in TX & FL and anyone from CA j/k guys wish we had those temps i'd sitll be going nuts cutting but every thing is slowing down except for the leaves

have a good one
  10. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

IN FLORIDA , WINTER IS ONLY A WORD.:blob4: :blob3: :blob1: