its cold

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skurtz78, Nov 18, 2005.

1. skurtz78

skurtz78 LawnSite Member

do any of you cut when it is below 32 outside. I have been sitting for two days now but dont want to risk injuring the blade of the grass. Just wanting to know what everyone else does.

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

mow it so it goes dormant and end the season. won't hurt it just cause the color to bleach out. now if it frozen then yes you can casue some damage.

3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say mow it. Shorter the grass is going into the winter less spring dmaage you will have. Shorter grass will also help keep down on the amount of snow mold...

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

we were 8alls to the walls all day today we started at 26 degrees this morning .

5. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

It was 19 degrees when I went out this morning. Too much to get done to let the weather get in my way. Grass is pretty much done here tho, so not much grass cutting, if any, to worry about. Mostly just leaf pickup, but I did give final cuts on a couple accounts.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Yep we did yesterday and today. Have to get them done now before the snow falls. We just waited until it warms up to right around freezing or just below. The only part that was cold was my face. I am hearing snow for next week but I don't know who to believe on that. Still about a week before we are done. All the freaking leaves came down at once and the customers are calling too.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

When I started mowing.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

24 degrees outside here now. BRRRRR. Supposed to be in the 50's by Sunday.

9. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

Blah, Blah, Blah

10. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

yeah...you live in florida!:)