Its coming!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, May 7, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

just a quick note. my father owns two mobils and today he heard that shell and chevron warned their dealers in California to order the $3. symbols for the price signs. they expect gas to go to at least $3.00 a gallon. that means gas in the midwest and NE may go to around $2.50. there is a article in the USA today about it.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

How do they expect single mothers and retired folks on a strict budget to make it?

Sometimes people live with very little extra.. don't they?

Chuck

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

wonderful- more expenses. diesel seems to be .20 less than gas, and off road diesel is .60 less. go diesel! dave

4. Most of the poor retired folks only take the Buick Century out once a week on tuesday (5% off grocery day) might have to spend an extra dollar.

Most of the rich retired folks that have 200k 38ft fuel oil burning mothorhomes with a $25k suv as a dinghy have the cash and will just keep on truckin.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

"keep on truckin"

I like that.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

My mother was complaining yesterday about gas prices...her 96 Buick has a whopping 9,000 miles on the odo. Wasnt in the mood to mention to her that a buck a gallon increase equates about a buck a week lol...

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I heard on the news us poor Chicago guys are paying more per gallon here than anywhere in the USA. Average price for 87 octane is $2.04 a gallon. :(

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Diesel for the moment is $1.41 here. Gas is $1.57.

9. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

If it goes to 2.00$ here I guess I will have to add a gas surcharge. Right now we are around 1.57 a gal for 87 octane.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

W says in todays paper he cant do anything about the rise in gas prices. And he says americans should not change their lifestyles and conservation will not do any good. This is exactly what the whitehouse is saying. So keep buying those SUVs and in doing so help big oils profits and keep W happy. W energy plan coming out is longterm and if any of us are still in business we might live to see it. He hypes his tax cut but high gas price will outweigh ANY tax cut we might get