It's Dec. Any yankees still have grass to cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Dec 9, 2006.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Well, it's december and I still have about 2 days of final cuts, and a few days of leaf cleanups. I wanted to be done by the end of Nov, but there was too much for this solo op to handle by then. I don't feel like too much of a loser, as I still see some mowing rigs out and about. So, for you cool season grass cutters, who else still has some grass to cut? Or are you done for the year?

2. Alta Lawn Care

Alta Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I've got one more leaf clean-up to do but I need to let the snow melt first. I got out and plowed for the first time ever yesterday--lots of learning . . . Merry Christmas to you.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I've been done since the 29th of Nov. I went through everyone twice. Just waiting on snow now. Oh yea I'm also waiting for the checks to come in.

4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Finished cleanups on dec. 2nd. Cut and cleaned up my lawn one last time today. Cleaned up the equipment for storage and got the snow blower and other snow tools tuned up and ready for the white stuff. C'mon snow :drinkup:

5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

5-7 more days of cleanups depending how fast or slow we want to work

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We finished cleanups on Dec 1. Need to clean the mowers and baggers yet. Have a light hauling job to do this coming week. Bunch of wood that was never split up for firewood. Wet heavy rotten wood to get rid of.

JP

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Im still cuttin grass!! Oh wait i live in southern Louisiana!! I prolly stop after christmas. Doin alot of pressure washing right now

8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

We're not technically Yankees below the mason dixon line here in Baltimore.finished thurs. and had one lawn that was just a cut and trim . It removed about 1.5 inches and left an o.k. stripe. This was a customer request because as far as I was concerned he was done for the season.

9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

We still have about a week of leaf clean-up to go. Mostly light properties that have been done twice already. Depending how the following week looks, I have a stone wall job that I will put two men on. I know lots of guys are praying for snow, but I need about two more weeks of this mild weather! And as I'm typing this, I'm thinking of all the things I need to do yet before plowing starts:laugh:

10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Me myself and I have about 1 week of cleanups and then some gutter cleaning to do.

At this exact time last year we had snow on the leaves and I still had ALL of my cleanups to finish. This year I'm already halfway through the last round and hope to be done in a week or two max. Last year I was doing clean-ups in January. This coming week it's supposed to be in the 50's. Sweet.