It's funny how.....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Sep 7, 2006.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It' s funny how nobody ever answers the phone on collections, but they usually do when scheduling appointments. I've just called 8 customers about being late on their invoices, and not one of them answered the phone. A couple of these were from the end of May, and the others were from June and early July. It's also funny how some of them needed the work done right away.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's even funnier how long customers like that will have to wait the next time they need service.
  3. speedbump

speedbump LawnSite Member

Yup, I know what you mean.

Sometimes it helps to *67 them. Then their caller ID can't tell them who is calling. They can't stand the suspense and pick up the phone.

4. Its funny when I pull back up and remove my heads or undo what I fixed.:clapping:
  5. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

How many late notices do you send before you call? I am still owed about 3-4 from startups that I've sent probably three late notices to. I'm going to call before we start winterizing to see if they plan on paying.

I had a couple last year that didn't pay for their startup and still had the nerve to call for a winterization... I guess I still have to give the benefit of the doubt that I may have the address wrong... but I doubt it
  6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I always find Humor in telling them they need to be home for the winterization, and I need a check before I connect :) Oh, btw that great spring discount was for paying customers, you owe, and you owe, that last reminder was a service call and you need to pay it too before we can winterize your system. About half the dead beats are on their last company and can't actually afford not to pay you.
  7. Hmmm

I remember being owed money by the folks that I worked so hard that I have no employees....I can honestly say that I have no outstanding invoices (for irrigation).....and nothing goes beyone 2 weeks.....

I used to wait and wait to make that call....mostly because I always hated to hear the guy start telling me that "my guys" didn't do a good job blah blah since I am the one that was there on the job.....I feel more confident making that call...therefore I make it 3 days after I was there.