Its going to be a busy day tommorrow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dKoester, May 19, 2006.

1. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

One landscape install
    One mulch installation (8) yards
    6 lawns
    My dad said I need to take Saturdays off because of the amount of work my company recieves each week.

My company set a new record (6) lawns cut in two hours. There were many more after that.:weightlifter:

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

lawns all side by side???

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You're not solo are you? Because I am...

I mean, 8 cubes of mulch is a day for me, thou I can do 10 cubes, but either way it's 2 trailer loads.
    Sure I get done in time to get home long before dark, but I like to be able to work the next day lol.

Now today I cut 11 yards and tomorrow is 9 or 10 more, but my yards today are bigger than they used to be, so it's not the number of yards I count any more but the average $ / yard and to some extent, total gross.

Because last year I'd cut 10 yards and gross 300 maybe 350 tops (averaging just over $30 / cut)
    Today I grossed 400 so I'm averaging just over $35 / yard.
    It's not just higher prices, but my lots are bigger, there are days if I cut 8 yards that's all she wrote.
    Got tired of driving the truck, the Wb consumes far less fuel.

4. dKoester

There is a limit to how much a solo operation makes. For personal reasons, I wanted to take my company to a higher level. Not knockin you bud. As for using a Wbs, we use Wright Equipment now. The standers are fast. There like a dirtbike.

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Gona be a long day for everyone I think in the northeast trying to get caught up from all the rain!!!

6. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

i have 7 huge weekly lawns and i am all caught up. i've been lucky because it hasent rained on mowing days for the past couple weeks.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Gotta getrdone! Yesterday we did 10yds mulch, planted 18 shrubs/small trees, edged out 300ft around the beds. It was a long day, could have been shorter if I could have planned it a little better, but that's life. it was a landscape makeover, today they had an open house. We finished cutting the grass this morning when the first visitors were at the house.

Today was mowin' day, didn't get to start until 10:45 because of the rain, got rained out a couple times during the day with hail at one point, so we only got 7 done. we probably lost 2-3 hours in waiting for the rain today. Tomorrow is mowing catch-up; the forecast looks good for work. I can't take any more delays. We're 3-4 days behind in landscape projects now and people are getting ansy waiting.

I'll be working on Sunday too, which I only do in dire emergencies, Sunday is usually my day of rest. Not the case when we've been getting douched with rain

8. dKoester

Yep I heard it on the news about how you guys were getting flooded. I hope yall make some serious money when the water goes away.

9. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

yea we are cutting grass on a sunday for the first time in 3 years here in NY we had 3 days of rain we are doing a medium size install tomorow and then going to cut as many houses as possible to play catch up

only had one or 2 stupid customers asking why we didnt cut there lawn yet