1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

its in my blood!! its not work to me!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by luv2mow1122, May 17, 2006.

1. luv2mow1122

luv2mow1122 LawnSite Member

Hi im andrew and own and operate A&A landscaping. i am 17 years old and have been cuttin grass since 8. i started cutting for money when i was 10. i would push my push mower to the yards and my antique stihl weed eater. i then moved from that neighborhood around 11. when i got to my new neighborhood my dad purchased some new stuff he got a homelite weed eater and blower and a scotts 46'' and a honda harmony 21'' mower(its sweet still!!). i cut 2 yards regularly and a couple every now and then. ever since then i have been growin a lil more every year. this years i have gone out for more accounts. i purchase all echo stuff blower weed eater edger. and use my dads trailer. my g/f's dad dad gave me a 48'' exmark wb, i wouldnt take it for free so i gave him a 100 dollars. he does not know how much that mower has helped me! i now have 9 accounts and am tryin to grow more! i do other stuff such as mulch jobs, roofs and pretty much anything! i lost my license for 6 months so this season has been hard and stressful tryin to get my yards cut! but i get it back july 1st!!!!!!!! when i go to mow its not work its pride! i take pride in my work and believe in quality! i love to mow and plan on continuing!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

welcome to LS, im 15 and am doing pretty good with about 17 accounts, and other landscape jobs, i have a pretty good amount of equipment, but it all has its purpose, what model is the eXmark???
  3. luv2mow1122

its a metro
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

mine too, you got ECS? what year is it? sounds good, you got any accessories on it? welecome to LS
  5. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

off to a good start. good luck:)
  6. luv2mow1122

its a 93 i believe i have a sit on sulkie which came with it
  7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

lost your licenses at 17?...haha, yea a few of my buddies did it to, it was rough on them, good luck to ya
  8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

What did you do to lose your license?
  9. luv2mow1122

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i hope you weren't speeding with the trailer. there was a small accident today when a truck and trailer coillded with a sedan and sent a tied down 21" mower into the air and a trimmer through the window of the nearest house.