It's just a blow out or why $5 is a big deal

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by HBFOXJr, Nov 4, 2011.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy cow, consumers are getting down right ugly over price differentials equal to a cup of Starbucks. Today I was told I was way higher and the difference was $5. $72.95 compared to I guess $67 +/-. The woman was down right nasty. Never mind we gave her a FREE promo blowout for buying lawn work from us.

Or never mind we gave some folks $20.00 new customer discounts last year.

It's just a blow out, any one can do it. If you can save enough to buy a gallon of gas, I guess you gotta do that.

2. slemon

slemon LawnSite Member

This is a contradiction to the motto of the irrigation forum "Leave to professionals"

There are two gas stations on the same block A and B. A has the price of $3.50/G; B has it for $3.70. Where do you pull up?

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

It is inappropriate to compare a product against a service.

4. slemon

slemon LawnSite Member

Consumer doesn't care. He/she would like to save to be able to pay other bills or feed the family.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

That is not entirely true ... and if $5 is going to make a difference between food on the table or not, then they don't need a luxury item like an irrigation system.

FYI, most all of my clients (myself included) are more concerned with quality and less concerned with price.

6. slemon

slemon LawnSite Member

$5 here, $10 there. It all adds up in the end.
    Higher price doesn't necessarily correlates with better quality or better service.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't say it did .... however I have found the saying you get what you pay for is more often true than not. I have seen many people penny pinch themselves into poverty because they simply cannot grasp the concept that money spent on high quality work/products to begin with will save them money (many times substantial money) in the long run.

8. slemon

slemon LawnSite Member

True. Though it helps to shop around.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Just don't forget to pull-out!

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

.... or you can wrap your pipe.