It's MARCH -----Already

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by redbuckcavs, Mar 1, 2008.

1. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

On Dec 12th we finished our final application for the year and I took a few days to reflect on 2007 and think of all the things I need to do in Jan -Feb to prepare for the 2008 rush (fix trucks ,rebuild pumps, advertise etc.)

During the winter months everywhere I go I have to answer the same stupid Question-----What do you guys do this time of the year, It must be nice taking the winter off.

Now that it is March I realized that I still have one truck to service, spreaders to get ready and hit the pavement hard going door-to door. On one hand Im glad its March and anxious for a new season. However on the other hand it seems like we just finished our last app in 07 and where did winter go.

Good luck to everyone as the season begins and lets have some fun!!!

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

I used to produce tobacco and lots of it. It was in the market in December and we started buying supplies for the tobacco beds to be sown by Feb 2. Talk about no R & R. It sucked and I got tried of it and got out of year around labor problems, equipment failure, insurance, quotas, and schedules.
    Now I celebrate Spring arriving on St. Patrick's Day. I love the whole green thing; eventhough real springs isn't a week or so after.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Time to get ready.:waving:

4. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

YES!! Time to get going!! Time to put up the snowmobiles and load the lawn trailer and start the spring clean-ups, dethatching and aerations so my chemical people can get the 1st round of fert. down. Then the mowing season begins about the middle of April. So I think my R$R period is OVER!!!