Its Not a ZT but...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Burger, May 14, 2004.

1. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

it is New, and I have to share.
    Fresh off the truck
    Kubota BX2230
    60" deck
    48" Box scraper.
    3cyl Diesel 22 hp

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

If I may ask, how much was it, Burger ?
  3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

that thing is sweet! can you get a bucket for it?
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice looking tractor indeed. What do you plan on using it for?

5. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

the final package was 14,440 includes the tractor, Post hole auger, loader, 60" mid mount, The Box Scraper was an extra 5 big ones. ahh the price of buying new. The loader is on back order, will have it in a couple of weeks.
    I have all ready taken the moguls out of the driveway, the box scraper is cherry no more. I have some landscaping I need to do to get that acre plot behind the machine in the pic there mowable.
    I Like it.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a nice unit! Out of curiosity, how well does it mow? does it leave a ZTR quailty cut?
  7. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

I have not ran it over grass yet other than a practice pass on all ready mowed grass. Its actually pretty funny, I now have a nice wide mower for the huge yard, and due to the heavy rains and lack of sunshine, it doesn't need mowing. More Sun and I will report cutting ability. It is a triple blade rig with mulching kit run off a 2500 RPM PTO. Makes a lovely vacuum sound.
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

nice machine man! also what does a box scraper do?
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would love to own something like that. I have been looking at some cub models for the past 2 years...I just can't get over the sticker price
  10. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Sticker price. the real blow was realizing I had spent more on Lawn Equipment then I did on my BOAT!
    That said, your buying a whole lot more than a single use peice of equipment. The Three point hitch alone gives you hydraulic deck lift plus the ability to plug in other attachments, like Seeders, pulverizers, landscape rakes, grader blades, and with the PTO you get to the options of Rototillers, Power rakes, Post hole augers (Plant a tree) Vacuum powered baggers, brooms snow blowers, etc etc etc
    Box Scraper. it is basically a leveling device with the ability to carry some dirt like a scraper does when they are building roads. it has adjustable teeth in the front edge of the box, called scarifiers, and a cutting edge in the back, allowing you to pull it a long, break up the ground, and smooth it out, filling in holes, knocking down moguls and leveling the terrain. It works WAY better than I thought it would on the hard packed driveway. You can adjust the angle of attack easily.

Woods Box Scraper