Its not FAIR....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjsquickcuts, Jun 2, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Man this is unbelivable....We can't buy a drop of rain here in my area. South Ga Got it good today with over 3 inches, and looks like est Ga(Athens) will get a good soaking too. I am Pissed....I have people looking at me crazy when I show up weekly, and 90% of my residential lawns are you in trouble with a one day a week watering ban....I just floored that I am looking at the weather map, and all that green, yellow, and red, and nothing anywhere close to me....What are the rest of you Metro Atl guys going to do if this keeps up

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

It started sprinkling a little last night and this morning awoke to a good steady all day rain that we badly need! It has rained 3.5 inches as of tonight and is supposed to continue tommorow. If it rained all week would not be enough though, hang in there, maybe it will come your way too!

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No use in freaking out about it. This work is weather dependent and you have to get used to that. Cannot control mother nature so don't waste energy on getting pissed off about something you can do absolutely nothing about.

4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i am gonna relay this to all the women in my life:hammerhead: :laugh:

5. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

I guess its just my first time having this happen. The rains had been pretty good up until Late summer 2006 when the water was just cut off. The reason I am upset is because I was really depending on this rain sense the weather people started talking about it on Weds....Luckily I held off on the 32-3-8 for all my non irrigation accounts, but did but it down really well on all my other accounts, and was hoping to have the rain help sense we can only water once a week. I was out today reseting all my accounts irrigation systems to reflect the new water bans, but I did increase everybody to about a hour to a hour and a half per LAWN zone Starting at 430am. Is this good or bad?

6. Zaro T Man

Zaro T Man LawnSite Member

I feel your pain tjsquickcuts up here around the Dalton area we are in the same boat (Just no freakin water to float it).

7. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

Pretty much everywhere needs rain. Our wholesale yard's pond looks like it does in mid Aug. All the nurseries i've talked to in GA and alike are hurting for rain badly.

Matt

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We've gotten some up here from this tropical depression...granted its not enough...but every little bit will help!

9. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

raining as we speak... got to love it.... go michigan weather !!!

10. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Just talked to a friend of mine that works with Brickman, and he said that they are planning to start cutting back hours for some of their employees. I am planning to do the same. I am still doing well with installs, but still need my maintenance to stay on track with my projected Gross. I am thinking about purchasing a pressure washing unit and see how well that works out. I guess its really time to get back to the drawing board.