It's Not Just About The Money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dtxwizard, Dec 11, 2005.

1. dtxwizard

dtxwizard LawnSite Member

recently had a job opportunity that I could make about 20 grand a year more than I do now and i declined it

a friend asked why and all I could say is it's not always just about the money

does anyone else here feel this way about being an lco

Thanks Da Wizard

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me. It is ALWAYS about the money. :)

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I need my freedom to do what I want more than I need money at this point in my life.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Getting up on monday morning and not hating your job,not having to kiss no1's ass is what it is all about the money we all want to pull big cash down no i enjoy my job, hindsight i would have done this out of highschool.

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you. I'd rather see my son grow up.

6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

well as long as i make enough to pay the bills and buy groceries and put a little change in my pocket i am ok . i aint lookin to get rich . but if it happens thats ok too .

7. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I like the freedom but for 20 grand extra.....I would close up shop today

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yup,
    Even more, if you love what ya doin', which makes life easier, money isn't even the issue........

9. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

With me it's about the money but I make time for the family. Several years ago I did the work from sun up to sun down 7 days a week. No time with the family. I changed that, it was killing me and the family.

10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

No way, do you realize that having your own business you have the option to make as much as you want within reason.

If im doing 40k a year now, and I want ot make 20k more, I just BEEF UP the marketing strategy. Thats the way I look at it, plus 20,000 isn't THAT much, to give up somthing you have put so much blood sweat and tears into, and invested 3 times that amount of $$$ into.

Just my opinion maybe you don't like seeing your name on somthing and wearing your own shirt everyday.