It's not lawn-care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DJ Contracting, Oct 4, 2006.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Well heres something that we did last week it not lawn-care, (handicap ramp) but when you bid high and they say go ahead it's hard to so no. Can't say much for the pre-fab handrail they wanted me to put up, but the customer was happy, so thats all that matters.

State Farm 011.jpg

State Farm 012.jpg

2. JG Landscaping

JG Landscaping LawnSite Member

looks good. You gotta love the out of the ordinary jobs though. the same **** over every day gets old if you dont try some different things. congrats

3. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Looks professionally done, nice!

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job. Did you look into regulations of the slope for a ramp like that? I'm sure there is a certain pitch that must be maintained.

5. DJ Contracting

Thanks guys and yes I went to the township for the specs on the ramp. The pitch calls for 1"-12" I'm at just under 1" per foot, the rise of the ramp is 15" for a 17' long ramp.

6. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work and looks great. Wish I had a few calls for work like that. I like doing jobs we dont often do.

7. DJ Contracting

I like to mix it up a little bit now and then, altogether we poured 2 yds of concrete, a coarse and a half of block racked down to grade. The ramp was 4' x 17' with a 5' x 5' landing going to a 5' x 8' porch.