Its official, wettest summer in GA history

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by alexschultz1, Aug 8, 2013.

1. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i only have 3 but I do them at 6 a.m. if you've ever heard of Lawns By Hand, Mr. Hand gave me some great advice about 5-6 years ago, "The earlier you start work, the more grass you can cut, the more grass you cut, the more money you make."

2. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I may try early in the morning. I would hate for her to show up and see it hasn't been done.

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Will be our luck to get a early frost and kill everything:rolleyes: :confused::dizzy::hammerhead:

4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i'm predicting 24" or more of snow this winter if it stays moist like this all year.

might be another 1993 blizzard? :laugh:

5. exmarkking

I wish we would get 24" of snow. That would be awesome. The whole state would shut down

6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Ahhh memories. I was a kid during the '93 blizzard. A week straight of fun in the snow and no school! My buddy's dad tied a jonboat to his ATV and pulled all the kids in the neighborhood around.

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing, but the trees haven't shed a leave all year so we should have a good fall also.

8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Problem is nobody down here is equipped for snow removal duties, at least not many anyway, so we're just out of luck if a really big snow storm comes in.

9. exmarkking

Yelp, well it would be pointless for a state to invest in snow equipment/trucks and then have them sit there and rust from no use. Waste of tax payers dollars. If we ever got a big storm the state or county the storm hit in would have to call subs, I got a call a couple of years ago when we got an ice storm, because local businesses were needing landscape companies with bobcats to spread salt/I've melt and scrape parking lots. At the time I didn't have a machine so I couldn't help

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I agree the dozen or so we do have sit and rust as it is LOL! I guess we could do what we do on installs and rent?