1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

It's officially happened.....gas prices

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by christoff, Apr 7, 2005.

1. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Southern Ontario, the fuel prices yesterday were at 89.9 cents per liter. Not as bad as the west coast yet.
    Had one guy I was quoting tell me that "they" won't let the prices reach a dollar. Who is "they" I wonder. Think he was trying to get me to lower my price?
    Didn't get his yard. Don't think I'd want it anyways.
  2. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

SOrry guys but i guess I'm lucky... Filled up the truck yesturday at 2.05...
    Maybe this gas prices will break up the $20-23 lawn cutters in my area
  3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

2.25 here in KC. I filled one tank on my F250 and my 48 on Monday and it was 50 bucks. That will last me 2-3 days MAX.

Thanks Bush
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! You lost me with all that "litre" talk and, we're talking $CAN too right? LOL.

I know what you mean though gas prices are nutz now. If I remember correctly we're about $.50/gal higher than this time last year.
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

$2.05?!? I would drive out of my way to get gas that cheap! Try $2.39/gal for regular in CNY on for size.

I remember being pizzed when gas prices broke $1.80, now it is just a memory of the "good ole days."
  6. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I drug a trailer and 4 55 gallon drums 19 miles to a station that had gas for $2.07 a gallon on tuesday while everyone close was $2.25, everyone I talked to said I was nuts, well not 4-5 hours after that everyone went up another 15ยข LOL I calculated it out to be a $96 dollar savings and figure $5 for gas to drive there and back so $90 saved, not bad inm
  7. cuttinjoe

cuttinjoe LawnSite Member

Hi guys fuel where I am is $.90 a litre but if I drive a half hour to the indian reservation then its anywhere from 0.65 to 0.69 a litre.
  8. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Thanks Pres Clinton.

I guess hes not out trying to do real work with real customers who dont want to pay you for your time!

I remember driving past one station because it was 1.09 to a station that was .99 just not that many years ago!

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

One quart equals about 1 liter (0.94635 L).
  10. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

8 years later... This thread makes me laugh :laugh: