1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Its on!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fitzg2md, Jun 19, 2007.

1. fitzg2md

fitzg2md LawnSite Member

So I go out for a few hours today for a few bids. Come home to police report posted to my front door. Seems two white kids with a tiny trailer and 21" in the back rolled up and stole 2 of my backpack blowers from my truck. Cut the chains and all. Insurance says that I am better off not making a claim in the long run (of course...not like insurance would ever work to my advantage). Old lady across the street saw the whole thing...didnt get the plates though.

I have been very live and let live with the little lawn turds around here...but no longer. I see anyone spraying, Im documenting and reporting. Im reporting all the unlicenced people, and annonomously threatening the homeowners for using unlicensed help. Im sick of this. Cant you even buy your own equipment? Really...just makes me sick.
  2. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a feeling you will get lucky and see the kids and your blowers in use. My guess is they stole them so they could use them and they're probably dumb enough to be out in public with them.
  3. markam70

markam70 LawnSite Member
    from USA

fitzg2md... where in va are you located?
  4. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Check your pawn shops and craiglist/ebay in a few days. If you find them call the police and they can get them back for you
  5. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a Sthil trimmer stole right out of my own yard last year. Police report, local pawn shops, etc, nothing.

My guess is, if they are not using the equipment themselves, that they will not be found in local pawn shops, but perhaps in DC, Maryland, or a town or two over from where you are.

BTW- Cut their fingers off if you catch them.

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

have that lady across the street tell you what the truck looks like and be on the look out hopefully you find them and then.....well you can do what you want just dont do this *trucewhiteflag*
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya.......

I have a little turd kid, that has some kind of beef with me. he calls and wants bids on lots and such, he's getting his friends to call now,

I'm 46 yrars old, If I were younger I would take him out to the woods and well you know.....

I just dont think it would look good if a 46 year old beat a 20 year old....
  8. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Same thing happened to me about 7 years ago. Here I am, a virgin rookie to the business. All I have is a 21" mower, a trimmer, and a blower in the back of my pickup. As I round the corner of my client's garage whilst blowing the clippings off the driveway, these 3 punk kids about 14 years of age have decided to lift my trimmer. I shout, "Hey!!" and quicken my step towards them. The kid with my trimmer drops it in my truck, but another kid had a baseball bat and decides to place a nice dent in my rear quarter panel--I had just washed and waxed my NEW truck. Needless to say, chasing them for 9 blocks and filing a police report produced no positive result. Since then, I have had small equipment stolen several times. When the theives couldn't bust the locks, they decided to cut the rack right off the trailer. Go figure.
  9. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

My second year in business I had my Ferris 52" belt drive stolen out of my yard. It was on the side of the garage under an overhang when someone swiped it!
  10. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

F-ing THIEVES!! Had my BR600 (two onths old) and Stihl hedge trimmers (brand new) swiped from me two weeks ago.

People really suck. It boils my blood when I read these posts. Shi$%^ low-life scum.